Press Releases
180 BATANGAS CITY SPES GRANTEES CAP EMPLOYMENT-BRIDGING PROGRAM

Just recently, a total of 180 students joined the culminating activity of the Public Employment Service Office (PESO) - Batangas City after successfully finishing the Department of Labor and Employment’s 20-day Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES) held at the Batangas Convention Center.

Batangas City Mayor Hon. Beverly Dimacuha graced the event with PESO Manager Mr. Noel Silang, who shared the importance of work ethics and the value of employment to the grantees.

Moreover, select beneficiaries also shared their learning and experiences during the duration of the program.

 



Aside from government offices, other SPES grantees rendered service to the Register of Deeds and select public high schools in Batangas City.

Batangas City Local Government Unit shall shoulder 60% of the wages of the beneficiaries, while DOLE will fund the remaining 40%.

The employment-bridging program of DOLE aims to aid students with a source of income to prepare for financial expenses for the next academic year and board exam review.

Meanwhile, aside from awarding certificates to the grantees, Allen John Canonizado received 2,000 pesos after being hailed as the winner of the SPES Got Talent Competition.

Batangas City LGU has the most SPES beneficiaries in the province during this year’s implementation.


by:

APRIL ROSE MAGPANTAY
Community Facilitator

[Back]
[Print]
2022-09-05
Director's Corner


I gladly welcome your visit to the website of the Department of Labor and Employ
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.