Press Releases
DOLE CALABARZON RELEASES LABOR MARKET UPDATES AND DEMAND PROFILE

 

CALAMBA CITY, Laguna – In its commitment to provide useful labor market information, DOLE Calabarzon Regional Director Henry John S. Jalbuena is proud to announce that the Regional Office has issued its regional skills profile for 2019 and the demand of the regional labor market for the earlier part of 2020 based on administrative data collected by the Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs) in the region.

 

“Despite the pandemic that we are experiencing, DOLE Calabarzon is still committed to release timely, relevant, reliable and comprehensive labor market information that could aid our clients, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders, including the local government units, in decision making and program development for our job seeking clients,” Director Jalbuena noted.

 

Using the PESO Employment Information System (PEIS), the region has accounted 65,072 job seekers registered in the said platform through the efforts of 49 PESOs and 1 job placement office, formerly known as school-based PESO. Forty-six percent (46%) of the registrant

s belong to the age group 20 to 24 years old, followed by registrants ages 25 to 34 with 35% share.

 

The largest number of registrants came from the province of Rizal with 25.4% followed by Laguna (24.7%) and Batangas (23.2%). The province of Cavite recorded 17.5% of the total number of registrants while Quezon Province has registered 9.1% or nearly 6,000 applicants.

 

Female applicants dominated the total registrants making up 55% compared to male applicants. Director Jalbuena suggests that “our female job seekers are now making more confident than ever in their hope to land in productive employment.”

 

Out of the total registrants, 69% or some 44,578 are unemployed. Director Jalbuena likewise noted that some 17,647 of which are new entrants to the labor market as they have just finished their academic studies. The remaining 31% of the registrants are employed “seeking new (wage) employment, and some are self-employed,” he added.

 

College graduates dominated the field in job seeking as 28,408 or 44% of the total registrant has finished baccalaureate degree, followed by high school graduates with 28% share.

 

In 2019, production machine operator dominated as the top skill for the applicants, followed by production assistants/workers and customer service professionals.

 

Director Jalbuena likewise reported that despite the challenging times we are in, there are 49,690 jobs up for grab for the month of March this year. “Our industries in the region are in need of production operators with 60.13% of the total vacancies solicited. Professionals are also needed such as nurse and engineers,” he remarked, with the advice that, “job seekers are encouraged to go to the nearest PESO in their locality for proper assessment of their qualification, job matching process and referral service.” The said vacancies are coming from manufacturing industry, administrative and support service activities, and wholesale and retail trade.

 

“DOLE Calabarzon has been always grateful for the efforts of local government units, specifically their PESOs, in their active collaboration with the industries in their locality and facilitating employment for our constituents. They have been our strongest allies in the provision of full, decent and productive employment for our Calabarzon labor force,” Director Jalbuena remarked.

[Back]
[Print]
2020-06-22
Director's Corner
Welcome to the official website of the Republic of Philippines' Department of Labor and Employment in Region 4-A CALABARZON.
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.